Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in New York City
Thousands of doctors throughout the five boroughs safeguard our health. We trust our doctors to perform their work with care. And usually they do. However, when a doctor fails in his or her duty to practice medicine according to accepted standards, and when that failure results in serious injury to a patient, then the patient may have a valid claim for medical malpractice.
Medical malpractice can arise in many situations:
- In the emergency room, due to errors of diagnosis or treatment
- In scheduled surgery, due to errors by doctors, nurses or other surgical staff
- In a hospital room, when nurses or nursing assistants fail to guard their patients against dangers such as incorrect medication dosages, falls or adverse reactions to prescribed medication
- In the child delivery rooms, where avoidable errors by obstetricians can result in serious birth injuries such cerebral palsy or infant brain damage
- In a doctor's consulting room, where a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose serious illness like cancer or heart disease can have traumatic and irreversible impact on a person's life
Medical malpractice lawsuits have become notoriously difficult to prove in recent years. The high cost of building and bringing to trial a medical malpractice lawsuit means that many lawyers will not even consider taking on lawsuits based on medical negligence.
Andrew L. Weitz & Associates, P.C.:
A New York City Law Firm
With a Record of Success in Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Founded in 2004 by the father-son attorney team of Harvey Weitz and Andrew Weitz, Andrew L. Weitz & Associates is a small law firm with an illustrious history of achieving high-dollar jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of patients who have been critically injured as a result of egregious medical malpractice.
Our law firm has the resources and the experience to aggressively address any instance of medical malpractice, fighting for full and fair compensation when a doctor's errors cause serious injury. We have recovered several multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases, and we are always available to provide a complimentary evaluation to potential clients with questions about mistreatment of themselves or a family member at the hands of doctors or nurses.
Learn More About Our Law Firm and About Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
To schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, call 212-553-9300 or 212-553-9300, or send us an e-mail.
Via the Information Centers on our Web site, you will find additional general information about medical malpractice lawsuits.
Free Consultations ∙ No Up-Front Costs or Fees
Se habla español